Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Network Burnout

Ok, so this whole Social Networking thing is great, but it’s starting to get a little complicated, and is it just me or is the whole world just turning into one giant friend request?

I just got onto Facebook this week, which is great, and takes random linking to whole new levels, but also confuses the hell out of me. Myspace’s interface might only work about 60% of the time, but somehow it feels more intuitive. And I know it’s a mess (and ugly), but at least there’s music on it, and you can customise it to the Nth degree. Which is handy for all you little Scriptz kiddies out there (though just plain irritating for the rest of us). More to the point, it’s easier to nose around other people’s profiles, which helps when you’re deciding whether getting back in touch with that girl you used to stare at in 3rd Year French lessons is really a good idea…

But it’s really the number of sites that’s the problem - I’m now on Facebook, Myspace, Blogger, Flickr… the list goes on. And you end up having to duplicate information on each site (although the clever people at Facebook manage to feed this RSS feed straight into their pages… nice.). And you end up duplicating friends, which seems to defeat the point…

Apologies for posting the third successive grumpy post on this blog, but I was finally starting to get my head around Facebook, and then got an email that said: “Sandra is now your friend on Bebo”.

I didn’t even know I had a Bebo account.

Bring back the bulging filofax please, I’m running out of login names…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home